Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

Publication date: August 15, 2013
Published by: Dial

From Goodreads:

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.


WHY: This. Book. Sounds. AMAZING. The Devil as a love interest? Yes, please. I've never heard of that in a book and I am very excited to see how it plays out. I cannot even describe how excited I am for this book. Gothic is one of my favorite genres, so you can bet I'll be picking this up when it comes out.

6 comments:

  1. I just requested this book for review yesterday and hope i get a chance to read it because it sounds great! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love the sound of this one and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I can't wait for it to come out. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it too.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing, and the cover is GORGEOUS! I'm so excited to read it!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the summary, I have to get my hands on an ARC

    new follower via GFC
    follow back?

    WoW

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    INT Giveaway Win a signed copy of Unravel Me and Shatter Me T-Shirts

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/signed-booksgiveaway300-followers.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one definitely sounds really good! I can't wait for all the reviews to come in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of this book definitely stands out in how the title is the entire cover. This really makes it unique among the other extremely similar covers out there. Along with the Devil as a love interest, I'm sold! Thanks for sharing this book and stopping by our blog!

    Angie @ YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete